KUSA Accredited Breeders Scheme
have signed the pledge detailed below and was accepted as a KUSA
Accredited Breeder for Boxers in April 2009. Please email me if
you would like to view my certificate.
TO BE SIGNED AND ADHERED TO BY ACCREDITED BREEDERS
I agree and commit to being a responsible Dog Breeder. I accept
that this means
adhering to the following points:
1. I will not disadvantage my family in any way by having dogs that
I cannot afford or manage.
2. I accept and will adhere to public health, nuisance and animal
3. I will take proper care of my dogs - make sure that they are
properly fed and watered, have adequate space, exercise and shelter, that they are
vaccinated, receive any necessary veterinary care, and are kept free of parasites.
4. I will clean up after my dogs, so as to be hygienic, not causing
a health problem for my family, my dogs or my neighbours and community.
5. I will as far as possible, try to make sure that my dogs do not
make so much noise that my neighbours will be disturbed, and will try to amicably resolve
any dispute with my neighbours, arising from issues pertaining to the dogs under
6. I will control or confine my dogs so that visitors, who I allow
on to my property are not endangered.
7. I will keep my dogs on my property so that they do not wander
on to the street or other properties and become a danger, or nuisance, to traffic or
other people or animals.
8. When I take my dogs out into public places I will keep them on
a leash or control them so that they are not a danger or nuisance to other people or
9. I will follow good breeding practice by only breeding, if I am
reasonably sure that I will be able to find good homes for the puppies. I will have the
puppies properly vaccinated, dewormed and positively identified before they go to
their new homes. All puppies will be registered (entire litters) with the KUSA and
no application for late registration will be submitted by me.
10. If I have a female in season I will suitably confine her or
take her to a boarding kennel so that she does not cause a disturbance to other animals
in the neighbourhood.
11. If I find a stray pet I will immediately inform an animal welfare
organisation or take it to a welfare organisation if I do not know who the owner
12. I will be legally responsible for my dogs’ actions.
13. I will hand over KUSA registration papers to all new owners
of puppies that I sell.
14. I will abide by all KUSA rules and regulations as well as KUSA
voluntary inspection parameters
In signing this document, I accept that I could lose the prestigious
status of Accredited Breeder, if it is proved that I have transgressed any
of the conditions listed.
I affirm that I have read and understood the full contents of the
Accredited Breeders application form, including the contents of this declaration.